I am currently collecting and putting together the papers for the first Online Conference on Islamic Feminism on Metis. I am so excited! By tomorrow I’ll be able to tell you all when Metis can host the conference. Following is the list of bloggers who are participating (thus far) and the titles of their papers:
- Lat – Muslim Family laws: A look at it’s formulation and relevance today
- Sarah – Segregation at The Mosque (a social worker’s perspective)
- Zuhura – Obedient women and wife beating
- Becky – Are Muslim Women Allowed to Marry Non-Muslim Men?
- Sara – Women in the Egyptian Islamist Movements: Research and Reflexivity
- Organica – A Human Take on Hijab
- Metis – Catastrophe between their legs (FGM)